PGPlanning is powered by a sophisticated algorithm to discover the best and fairest solutions
- The process of automated generation is complex and depends on many factors.
- Our algorithms for the generation of timetables, are based on the principles of mathematical optimisation. They start from an initial definition of the requirements, the availability of workers and a number of rules and restrictions which can be customized.
- Based on the problem to solve, various algorithms are applied. In all cases, thousands of combinations are explored and evaluated based on the requirements, rules, patterns, etc. to optimise and find the best possible solutions.
- The software will try to balance the workload evenly between the workers, taking into account the restrictions applying to each of them.
- The system will offer different solutions to the user, displaying the last five solutions found, each one better than the last.
- If a planning problem starts with a given score, it will decrease as the system modifies the timetable (the lower the score, the better the solution).